Friday, April 16, 2010

Whatever Friday 04/15

___________________________________

M.

Today I want to show you all a couple of things that I am loving right now! To start off with, I have to say that I think Drew Barrymore is one of the most beautiful people on the planet. I absolutely LOVE her! I think she is absolutely adorable. She can manage to be cute and fun while still being very sexy and glamorous, a definite style and beauty icon of mine. She reminds me of a Botticelli angel and without Drew I wouldn't be telling you any of this.

Over the past couple of years Drew Barrymore has been the face of CoverGirl cosmetics. The ads are hip, and young, and fresh-they're fantastic! JUST LOOK!
I am a Bare Minerals user to the core...but sometimes I break my routine if I find something to die for...and I think I have found 2! While flipping through a magazine and watching television I saw ads for both of these products and had the automatic urge to purchase. If I can at least attempt to look like Drew in these ads then I'm achieving a goal.

CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain

First, is CoverGirl's Outlast Lipstain. I chose "Flirty Nude." It is a nice neutral shade that looks great alone or under your favorite lip color. However, beware...this isn't going to be nude, as

in tan...it's verging on coral. The thing I love about lip stains is that you can get a good solid color to your lips initially, so if your regular lipstick wears off you're not left with ghostly pale lips or lip liner minus lip color. ( I hate that!) I used to be a chap



stick user only and my Marmie always told me to wear lipstick....I tried it and LOVED it! I instantly brings your whole face together while also making your teeth look whiter!

CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast


Second, is CoverGirl's Smoky Shadow Blast in "Purple Plum" (as shown on Drew in ad.) I am a HA-YUGE fan of the "smoky eye." I always love experimenting with the effect in different colors. After I saw this ad in a magazine I stopped and ripped the page out of the magazine. I HAD TO HAVE IT! I love the smoky eye done in purple's and I love purple hues on my eyes because someone once told me that purple enhances blue eye's, so I've been buying purple eye shadow ever since.
This shadow stick is composed of a light amethyst and bronzey eggplant creme shadows. You apply the lighter color over the base of the eye and underneath your bottome lash line. Then, you apply the darker color in the crease of your eye and along the lash lines on bottom and top. Finally, blend together and add liner to your waterline and coat upon coat of black mascara! What a fabulous look for your eyes. I dare you to try it!
Have a good weekend! Much Love!
peace out,


M.
_______________________________
A




Im really liking the Scott Barnes, ABOUTFACE book. In this Barnes, celebrity makeup artist, reveals all his tips and tricks to looking flawless. It is so much Fun!


Here is a little preview:









Next, I am really loving Johanna Johnson. Her accessory line is to die for, these veils are so chic! Its art deco for your head. Love IT!




Last, I am lusting over this ridiculous clutch from Judith Leiber. How could you not? Its is so beautiful.



Have a Blessed Weekend.

A.

Im off to athens to see some awesome art work and to celebrate!

_________________



Q


I got the idea last week to post three songs that are my favsies, this week I'm going to post some of my favorite movies.


You know there are movies you watch for the first time and absolutely love...but you only love it the first time you watch it. You can't watch it over and over again. The following are movies I literally could watch everyday. I own most of them and when they come on the USA, TBS, IFC, HBO, I still watch them.
STEEL MAGNOLIAS
I absolutely Love, Love, Love this movie!
It undoubtedly has the Southern Charm that people love.
Every character in this movie was played perfectly, and the dialog is to die for...I totally quote this movie all the time.
"Weeza, you have the handwriting of a serial killer."
If you have never seen this moving you are seriously missing out.
The MOULIN ROUGE
I remember when I went to see this film at the movie theatre. The first 10 minutes are kind of bizarre. I remember sitting there thinking how weird this movie was, and I had totally wasted my money on coming to see it. By the time I left the theatre, not only was I in tears, but immediately went and bought the soundtrack. This movie became one of my all time favorites.
And finally the man himself...Mr. Tarantino! Any and Everything directed, written, produced...by this man I will watch over, and over and over again. He is totally Boss!! I love the way he tells a story. I look for real life moments where I can actually use the dialog in his movies...yes I am super lame. Anything from Pulp Fiction, to the KILL BILLS, to the BASTARDS. The man is GENIUS!! I recommend anything with the name Tarantino!


So this weekend go out and rent or purchase all of these movies!!
Have a good one!

xoxo
Q

No comments:

Post a Comment