Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hola! I hope you are having a Beautiful Tuesday! 

Today, I'm going to share with you a little DIY, i was introduced to by a great florist in Savannah, Garden on the Square. Last year when I was riding the crazy train planning my fabulous wedding, I fell in love with hanging votives- but NOT their price! However, a blessing named Julie Discroll suggested I make them myself. She gave a few words of advice and before I knew it I was pinned up in my house twiddling votives day and night!
I made 208 hanging votives for my wedding! I got so good at making them I could make a box of 8 in 15 minutes, impressive, i know.  I was so proud of myself and they were stunning!

Just by following these simple instructions, you add a handle to anything and make your own hanging objects:

Materials Needed:

  • One spool of 24 gage wire in gold or silver available at hardware store
  • One glass votive  
  • Wire cutters available at hardware store
Instructions: 


    1. Take wire and measure across the neck of the bottle, add a little slack, cut the wire
    2. Wrap the wire around the bottle just below the rim, and loosely fasten it.
    3. Cut a short length (approx. 4 to 5 inches), this is for the handle.
    4. To create handle, attach one end to each side of the wire encircling the bottle, then twist each end to secure it.
    5. Now pull the loosely fastened end of the encircling wire, and secure the ends by twisting them together. Repeat for desired amount of votives.  

I've recently added a twist to this DIY, and entered it into a contest. I am now a finalist in the 2010 Ruffled Blog DIY Contest. Please check it out! If you love this project as much as I do, please go online and vote for me! All you have to do is leave a comment stating #19 IS YOUR FAVORITE, please! Voting will remain open till Thursday, so please vote! I'm counting on you! 

THANKS. 
A.


No comments:

Post a Comment