Friday, March 19, 2010

Whatever Friday



Whatever Friday!
___________________________________________________________
M.'s Music Vids Friday Funday
I am a very VISUAL person. I am a very ARTISTIC person. I am a music LOVER.
Ok, so I have hinted around at the fact of how much music and movies consume my life. If you loved music and movies as I do, can you imagine if there was mini-movie that was set to a song you loved? Is it possible that there could be a short short film with so much wonderful-ness and dancing fantastic-ness that you had to learn all of the choreography before you could eat your dinner? Can you even begin to fathom loving a little video so much that you DID learn that choreography just so you could dance around to the song while you were getting ready or riding in your car?
My afternoons spent watching TRL on MTV with Mr. Carson Daly are over but I have not forgotten the exquisite art of the MUSIC VIDEO. A little mini-movie set to a song to express visually the feeling of a song. Even though I am not vegging on the couch watching TRL anymore, I am still sitting at my computer downloading the latest music vids. The idea of a music video is fantastic to me, so with my post for today I want you all to enjoy them too.
**Before you watch the videos I'm posting for you I can't forget to pay homage to the Princess of MusicVideoLand, Ms. Britney Spears, whose videos helped mold my adolescence- fa realz. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your videos to 'I'm a Slave 4 U,' and 'Toxic'-amazing. Also, let me also please say that in the world of music videos at the moment, there is a new reigning Queen-Lady Gaga! She has arrived and she is brilliant! If the Lady has a song, I'ma be a-singing it,and dancin' it, and lovin' it.**
I want to present you with three music videos that I am kinda sorta loving at the moment.
Click on the links and ENJOY!



  • Vampire Weekend- Giving Up The Gun



So funny, right? And the song is killer.
  • She & Him- In The Sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ3cTwI9bIw
Not my fav song by this group but Zoe-Zoe is so cutesie! If you love Zooey Deschanel watch (500) Days of Summer....NOW





  • Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce- Telephone (explicit version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ95z6ywcBY&feature=related
Just absolutely BRILLIANT! I totally die for the Kill Bill and Thelma and Louise references. I've watched it like eleventy-million times already....I'm probably watching it now...
peace out,
M.
___________________________________________________________________



Okay, so today I'm going to pull out the DISLIKE button. I totally Hated Ke$ha's performance on American Idol. I thought she just looked insane. I didn't get it! She is  a GAGA wannabe, and there is only one Lady Gaga! Im sorry but no one should ever spell their name with a dollar sign. Ke$ha is so Blah, Blah, Blah. 


On the other hand, Im totally loving the movie trailer for Eat, Pray, Love. I want to see this so bad! Not mention James Franco is in it!
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRAILER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crNaJjfY57g
Last, I am totally lusting over Kimberly Dow, she is an amazing artist. I want this oil painting like now! It is titled Soft on Soft. Her ability to capture realism is unbelievable. I love the way she painted the flesh.


It is just truly stunning. 
Check out the detail shots below.
To purchase this painting or visit her etsy shop: 
Kim Dow







Enjoy your weekend, Don't Drink & Draw!
A.

__________________________________________________



When trying to get "Bikini" body ready, you would think the last thing I would blog about would be food. However I have recently become semi-obsessed with Sweet Potatoes. I have always been scared of sweet potatoes, for some reason, they make me nervous. I guess because I'm not big on sweets (yeah I know crazy right?),just the word sweet potato never sounded very appealing to me. I was introduced to sweet potato fries last weekend and was shocked at how much I liked them. A few nights later at a BBQ I ate a sweet potato and even though it was did not have the thing fry appeal, I enjoyed it as well. To top it off I have learned sweet potatoes are really good for you. They are an excellent source of vitamin A and C and are a great antioxidant. Sweeeetttnnneesss.

Lovesies
I don't know why I have been putting this off as long as I have. This girl should have been my very first "love" post...Natalie Tran has a video blog on youtube "community channel", and I have been totally obsessed since the day I accidentally stumbled on her site! I can't pick out a favorite video because they are all funny in their own little way, so I'm just going to post some of her most recent ones. Check it out, totally worth it.






LUST
You know those people who hear a song, become obsessed with it, and listen to it over and over again for at least a week?...Yeaahhh I'm totally one of those people. I take it a step further, I make whoever I'm around listen to it, even if it is totally not their "type" of music. I mean, I'm really doing them a favor, this is good stuff. Some of my friends have banned my iPod in most social situations,(sorry I like other music than just the mainstream guys, geeezzzeee). So I am a Huge Passion Pit fan!! My sister Cassie introduced me to their song "Sleepy Head", which is HECTIC! This week I discovered their song "Little Secrets". I literally cannot listen to it enough, and when I introduced it to mi amigas, they actually enjoyed it! Yaaahhh breaking barriers baby!

xoxo
Q





No comments:

Post a Comment