Sometimes, I consider myself a collector, but most of the time I am just a young lady with lots of little unusual items that I couldn't part with in some vintage store. I must confess, I have a weakness for vintage linens. If I see any vintage doilies in a store, then consider it SOLD! I know they are dusty, used, and dirty but there is something so beautiful about them to me. They have history all over them. I like to imagine the families that once owned these antique beauties, like a beautifully crocheted napkin or a beige eyelet tablecloth. However, once I return home with my newly purchased vintage linens, I ask myself Now What? As much as I appreciate these antique treasures, there is only so much I can do with them. Luckily, I have a DIY that puts those dusty linens to good use (and even highlights their beauty!)
Follow this step-by-step guide to create your own Custom Window Curtains
Things you will need:
- Curtain wire with 2 eyelets & 2 cup hooks
- Wire Cutters
- Miniature or Regular Sized Clothespins
- Vintage Linens, napkins, monogrammed linen, tablecloths, towels, shams and pillowcases, sheets, pillows, hankies, doilies, table runners, etc.
- Measure across the window for length of wire.
- Cut the length of wire to fit window opening, and screw an eyelet into each end of the wire. Stretch the wire a little.
- Mark directly on or outside of the window frame where two cup hooks need to be. Then, screw the hooks into the marked positions.
- Hang an eyelet over each hook. If the wire is loose, you may need to remove one eyelet and trim the end of the wire before reattaching the eyelet.
- Drape linens across wire and hold in place with the clothespins. ENJOY!
Go Make Something,