Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Recycling the MAQ Way


Sometimes, I consider myself a collector, but most of the time I am just a young lady with lots of little unusual items that I couldn't part with in some vintage store. I must confess, I have a weakness for vintage linens. If I see any vintage doilies in a store, then consider it SOLD! I know they are dusty, used, and dirty but there is something so beautiful about them to me. They have history all over them. I like to imagine the families that once owned these antique beauties, like a beautifully crocheted napkin or a beige eyelet tablecloth. However, once I return home with my newly purchased vintage linens, I ask myself Now What? As much as I appreciate these antique treasures, there is only so much I can do with them. Luckily, I have a DIY that puts those dusty linens to good use (and even highlights their beauty!)



DIY Window Curtains
Follow this step-by-step guide to create your own Custom Window Curtains
Things you will need:
  • Curtain wire with 2 eyelets & 2 cup hooks
  • Wire Cutters
  • Miniature or Regular Sized Clothespins
  • Vintage Linens, napkins, monogrammed linen, tablecloths, towels, shams and pillowcases, sheets, pillows, hankies, doilies, table runners, etc.
  1. Measure across the window for length of wire.
  2. Cut the length of wire to fit window opening, and screw an eyelet into each end of the wire. Stretch the wire a little.
  3. Mark directly on or outside of the window frame where two cup hooks need to be. Then, screw the hooks into the marked positions.
  4. Hang an eyelet over each hook. If the wire is loose, you may need to remove one eyelet and trim the end of the wire before reattaching the eyelet.
  5. Drape linens across wire and hold in place with the clothespins. ENJOY!

Go Make Something,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment