Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Glow from head to Toe!

Hello Maqnolias!


Everyone wants that maintain the "bronze goddess" look all summer long. Unfortunately many women and men flock to the tanning bed to keep their summer glow.





I know, I know, you don't want to read another article about how tanning beds are detrimental to the skin and how in 10 years you would have wished you had never gotten into a tanning bed because you now look like a piece of leather!

You know and I know that tanning beds are not good for your skin at all.

I'm not 100% against tanning beds, I believe its ok to get in them to get a base tan or if you have a special occasion coming up, however laying in them daily on top of getting outside sunnage is just too much for your poor skin to take.

Here are some alternative ways to make your skin GLOW without having to bake.






Exfoliate your body- Get rid of all of the dead dry winter skin that is still hanging around! Use a washcloth or loofa along with any Microdermabrasion products our there and get all of the unwanted skin off of your body. You will see an instant difference. Merle Norman Microdermabrasion scrub is one of the many products out there that leaves your body feeling extremely smooth and supple.


A little extra perk to exfoliating is it makes applying sunless tanners and lotions a lot easier.


Hydration, Hydration, Hydration- Hydrating your skin is like hydrating your body...Necessary! Make sure you moisturize every day. Having a little SPF mixed with your moisturizer is a good idea to prevent daily exposure from the sun.


TAN SAFELY- Exfoliating and moisturizing your face daily will be useless if you do not tan safely. I used to be a Tanorexic...for about two summers, I would get in the tanning bed for the Maximum time everyday, get a spray tan every weekend, and never wear sunblock...ever. Now I'm in my early twenties so it's not like I'm some old withered up hag who's age is starting to show and I want to blame it on the tanning bed, but over time I began to notice LINES on my face EEEKKK!! Now not deep set-in lines...but lines none the less. Since this discovery I have not been back in the tanning bed. I spray tan...regularly. If you do get in the tanning bed do not get everyday, spread it out a bit through the week. Also make sure you wear sunscreen. I have surprisingly found I actually get a more natural glow when I wear a little sunscreen, my skin doesn't get quiet as fried!


Don't Let the Piggys go to Market looking rough!
Don't neglect your fee during the summer. Between the beach, flip flops, and laying barefoot in the hammock with your sweetie don't forget they see the feetsies! You don't have to get a pedicure every other week to have cute feet this summer. I recommend letting a professional do it once a month and you up keep them during the time in between. You do not want to sport rough, grocery store feet while the rest of your skin looks amazing.


FYI- Mr. Pumice is a girls best friend during flip flop weather!



GLOW THIS SUMMER MAQNOLIAS!

XOXO

Q


No comments:

Post a Comment